As I mentioned before in a previous post I am a big biscuit fan. These have recently become our go to favourites. They are super quick to make, hold their shape well (great for cut outs) and are ready in just 15 minutes. The texture is spot on; the desired snap of a biscuit with the perfect crumbliness. I have chosen to coat these in dark chocolate for the ultimate indulgence but they are delicious as they are too.
These would make a lovely gift and very easy for the kids to get involved.
Ingredients (makes approx 20 biscuits)
- 115g vegan spread (I use Stork for baking)
- 125g gluten free oats
- 75g gluten free plain flour
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 65g brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- Approx 1-2 tbsp non dairy milk
For the topping
- 200g vegan chocolate ( I use Green and Blacks dark cooking chocolate as I find it melts really well)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C
- Place all the ingredients except the milk in a food processor and blend until fine and crumbly.
- Add the milk and continue to process until the dough start to come together
- Take out the dough and bring together on a floured work surface. Roll out to approx 5mm thick.
- Cut out your favourite shapes and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a Bain Marie then use the back of a small spoon to coat the biscuits.
- Allow the chocolate to set then enjoy!